Friday, February 24, 2012

My story.


When I moved to Uruguay, I did not know anyone. I barely knew the language. I didn’t know where I was. So I didn’t do anything during the school year(March-October-ish). Until I was told about a race. Race by Reebok, a 10k. I had not practice at all for the race, yet I ran it. I ran it wearing shoes and I didn’t stop to walk, that’s when I knew I was a runner. I was able to run a 10k without ANY practice. I finished in 65 minutes. 
Then a month later, a race by Nike, also a 10k. I had done little practice, here and there, but nothing really serious. Race day came and when I ran, I felt GREAT. In pain with shin splints, but besides that, great. I finished in 53 minutes. I ran more than 10 minutes faster. I was born to run.
In the Nike race, ran another man, let’s call him Jimmy. Jimmy is about 2 times older than me and is a friend of my moms. He ran the race in 52 minutes. 1 freaking minute faster.
I had decided to get serious and start running daily. But then again, I hated running because of the pain. I did my research decided that barefoot running was the way to go. Now my jogging speed, is about a 50 min 10k.  

No comments:

Post a Comment