Saturday, February 11, 2012

Story of the Lost Five Fingers

It all started in November when I heard about the barefoot phenomenon and Born to Run.
I had decided to change my way of life and go barefoot. To feel the world like it was meant to be felt.
But my Mom felt the exact opposite. She didnt want me to go barefoot on these dirty, flesh eating bacterial streets.
So I did my research and I came across the Vibram Five Fingers. They were like shoes that werent shoes.
My mom agreed to them and decided to get me some, so she went online and bought me the cheapest pair she could find. The package was sent to my grandmas house in New Jersey. It wasnt sent to me, because I live in Montevideo, Uruguay, South America.
When the shoes got there, my grandma didnt listen to my mom and sent it to us without insurance or priority, Since its known for things to be stolen out of American borders. So 2 months go by and nothing. We desperately try to look for the package, but they said it was in New York. A week ago we said, 'Screw it'. BUT 2 days ago, my grandma calls us and says, "Mijo! Tengo los zapatos!". She said that she had the shoes...The postal service sent back the package since it had never shipped.
Thank you postal service<3

No comments:

Post a Comment